Friday, October 24, 2008

could you imagine

Do you enjoy going to “church”. Do you look forward to the gathering together of "likeminded" people. I know that there are crazy things going on in our country right now and that you guys are feeling the pressure just as I do, if not more. Can I challenge you to do what you have to do Monday thru Saturday, but take Sunday off. Let it truly be a day of rest. That doesn’t mean that you have to lay in bed all day, though that does sound good to some, but relax your body and mind. In the 7 days of creation, God took a day to relax. Do you really think God was tired? No, but maybe he just wanted to sit back and enjoy what he did or created(LIFE). I heard someone once say that rest is a state of mind. How awesome would it be if, on Sundays, you enjoyed sitting back and hearing God’s Word. What if you relaxed as you hung out with friends or went home and simply loved on your family. Even more than that, what if at least one day a week we went a whole day stress free, because we knew that we were secure, no matter what is going on around us, in the arms of Christ!

2 comments:

apb1991 said...

I agree. I know sometimes I do all my homework for Monday on Sunday. It is true that everyone needs a day of rest so we can do our best on all the other days.
-Andrew Baisden

Anonymous said...

I know for me, that my week always keeps drawing me back to God's house. There are days when I just long for it to be Sunday, when I can be back in God's house with God's people. I would not make it through my week without the uplifting time in worship on Wednesdays and Sundays. It is what refreshes and empowers me to be able to continue to minister. While I do minister on Sundays and Wednesdays, I try to look at those days as days when I can refocus my heart and mind so that I can can continue to minister to others throughout the rest of the week.